POLICY ON THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
Regarding the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, Energyst Media – the organisers of The Energyst Event and The EV Event – would like to reassure exhibitors, visitors, staff and partners that we are closely monitoring the situation, in cooperation with the venue and we will be taking all sensible steps to ensure that the events proceed safely and successfully.
You can all help us to have a safe and successful event by following the advice of the World Health Organisation for travel and attendance of crowded events.
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds.
• Always wash your hands when you get home or into work.
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards.
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
• Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) of distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
• Several larger international clients have issued “handshake bans” within their organisations. Please do not be offended if somebody refuses to shake hands with you – they are taking sensible precautions and are likely to be following their own corporate guidelines.
• If you have mild respiratory symptoms and no recent travel history to China or other affected areas, please practice basic respiratory and hand hygiene and – ideally – stay at home until you have recovered.
• Avoid travelling at all if you have a temperature or a cough or a sore throat
Exhibitors, we also encourage you to take common-sense precautions on your stands
• Make sure tissues and hand sanitisers are available for your staff
• Ensure any staff members with any sort of cold symptoms do not attend the exhibition
• Keep all food areas very clean and tidy – make sure staff wash their hands before picking up any communal food (e.g. sandwich platter)
• Please don’t offer unwrapped sweets or snacks on your stand
We are carefully following government guidance, which, among other things, is to have good hand and respiratory hygiene and have introduced hand sanitisers at key locations around the show.
We will continue to observe the situation and should Government advice change, or any additional precautions be advisable, we will react immediately and ensure this is communicated to all attendees and exhibitors.
WHO’s full advice to the public can be viewed here:
WHO: Advice to the Public on Coronavirus
Let’s make sure The Energyst & EV Events is safe, enjoyable, and productive. Thank you for your understanding as we tackle this unexpected situation together, and we look forward to seeing you on the 26-27 May 2021.